Using survey more than once

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM
I took about an hour to get this up and running in VS 2013. It looks fantastic and is just what I need to enable users to have self service ability to create surveys. However, I might be missing something, but I am wondering about how I can allow a user to re-use the survey. On 'surveys' you create one and activate it, then on 'my surveys' you fill in the survey, clicking done to finish it. This then makes it disappear from this page and you cannot click to reactivate or anything. I think this is absolutely fine if you are pulling out a sample to give to users each month, say Terry must complete 100 x surveys on customers feedback about complaint handling. It does not work if a user generates their own sample and then wants to do 100 surveys.
So my question is whether you have created any 'repeat survey' function, also that possibly you have but my project is not loaded correctly. Or do you feel that it is the dba/developers role to create the sample and this is what you intended.
Probably I am thinking the solution would have to be a fourth tab to assign survey to users each month to carry them out. I am only asking out of interest really and to get your advice more than anything.
Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Edited Dec 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM
to be honest I can't remember all the details, did the project a long time ago, but according to my video you can review the survey before submitting it http://youtu.be/N-JyCH0OVJQ?t=2m39s

if you don't want for the user be able to edit/review multiple times the survey before submitting it but to actually fill it multiple times I guess you need to restructure the Db a bit to allow this and of course the code as well
like if you want him to fill it once a month/year you could add an additional column month, something like that
Dec 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Hi

I know what it is like to develop projects and then when you look back you can be like ‘what on earth was that’. I just appreciate you taking time to respond.
I did play about with your table structure, to see if I could programmatically assign a mass of surveys for them to carry out, working through the sample until all done.
I think this and using a variant on your structure will work very well.
So thank you for your excellent work and tips today.

Sent from Windows Mail

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Alanosio,

what is the process you adapted to upgrade to VS2013??VS2013 doesn't support MVC2 . So i created MVC4 app and copied controllers,views and Models and packages of my knowledge but i am still getting error saying WindsorControllerFactory.cs is missing??

I really appreciate your help in this !

Thanks,
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM
well, I haven't opened this project in a long time (years), I do use WindsorControllerFactory in a new project, prodinner.codeplex.com, maybe that can help you
Jan 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM
can you please direct me the best way to upgrade this project to VS2013 MVC5??